Vanilla™ Splinting Material
Available is 1% perforation or smooth
Resistance to Stretch
- Moderate resistance to stretch.
- Tolerates minimum to moderate handling during splint molding.
- Handle on a horizontal plane to form splint in a gravity-assisted position or vertical plane as well.
- Smooth motions yield superior, sculpted results.
- Moderate drape requires only light to moderate pressure to form contour fit
- Minimum to moderate memory
- Splints can be reheated and edges will remain smooth and closed.
- Splints will hold their shape when mildly heated for easy fitting adjustments.
- Moderate degree of rigidity.
- A circumferential splint mad of Vanilla™ is flexible enough for easy donning and doffing, yet strong enough for immobilization.
- The traditional coating allows splinting over bandages without adherence.
- A pressed, wet bond will hold firmly but can be pulled apart when cooled.
- Dry heating two surfaces will form a strong bond.
- For a permanent bond, use solvent or scrape off coating, dry heat and press together.
- Moderate resistance to fingerprints and resists showing stains. To remove marks, lightly heat the surface and rub.
- Smooth, self-sealing cut edges remain sealed even after reheating.
- 1/8" Vanilla™ can be used for almost any splinting application. Use for adult and pediatric positioning, dynamic and static splinting, and for post-burn and post-surgical care.
- 3/32" Vanilla™ is thin and lightweight, yet strong, and can be used for finger and hand splints. Ideal for arthritis splints, post-operative splints.
Working Time (1/8")
- Allows three to five minutes to form and harden after softening in 160° F water
*Item is not a stocked item and will need to be ordered in.*